Skip to content Accessibility info

Auto and Homeowner Insurance

Auto & Home Insurance in Stevensville, Montana

Auto Insurance to Meet Montana Requirements

Minimum liability requirements

To register and drive your car or truck in Montana, you must carry at least the minimum required liability insurance dictated by the state:

  • $25,000 for bodily injury coverage per person
  • $50,000 for bodily injury coverage per accident
  • $20,000 for property damage per accident

If you are stopped by law enforcement or in an accident without this coverage, you can face severe penalties, including fines, jail time, and loss of driving privileges. Every auto policy we sell provides this coverage and often more, depending on our Stevensville clients’ needs.

Additional coverage for greater protection

We often recommend adding more coverage for increased liability protection. This protects you better if you are at fault in an accident involving an expensive vehicle belonging to the other party.

In most cases, it’s also wise to add collision and comprehensive insurance, and this may be required if you finance your vehicle. Collision coverage pays for repairs to your vehicle if you’re at fault in an accident, as this isn’t covered by your liability insurance. Comprehensive insurance covers vandalism, theft, and loss or damage due to storms, fire, or any natural disasters.

Many of our policies also provide extras, such as:

  • Roadside assistance
  • Uninsured motorist coverage
  • Medical coverage for you and your passengers
  • Rental car reimbursement while your vehicle is in the shop

Home Insurance to Protect Your Greatest Asset

Coverage for your dwelling and more

For most folks in Stevensville, their home is their greatest asset. You can protect your investment in your home with home insurance. A home insurance policy covers you if the worst ever happens, so you don’t have to pay for repairs or rebuilding out of your own pocket.

It covers both your dwelling and its contents, like electronics, furniture, appliances, clothing, housewares, and other personal belongings. It also provides liability insurance to protect you if someone has an accident on your property. Most home insurance policies cover additional living expenses (ALE) or loss of use too. This pays for the expense of living elsewhere should you not be able to live in your home while it is repaired or reconstructed.

Valuable protection and increased liability coverage

We can easily add scheduled coverage for valuables to your home insurance policy, as these items aren’t always included automatically. Let us know if you have any jewelry, precious metals, collectibles, artwork, antiques, firearms, or furs you need covered.

Your liability coverage goes to a certain amount, but we can add more coverage there too. A personal umbrella policy can increase your liability protection and may be a wise purchase if you have a high net worth or own dogs.

Independent Agents with Personalized Service and Policies Just for You

Whether you’re seeking auto or home insurance, or both, our independent agents at Compass Insurance Group can find just the right policy for you. We have a larger selection of products than you’ll find with big insurance companies, so we can tailor your policy to your needs.

To learn more or get started, let’s get the conversation going. Call us at 406-493-5726 today, or get in touch online for a quick quote. You’ll appreciate the peace of mind that comes from knowing your two greatest assets, your home and your vehicle, have the protection they deserve.